Get into Teaching

How do I get into teaching?

You can pursue either school-lead teacher training or university lead. School-lead training is a hands on approach to gain QTS which provided by The Medway Valley Teaching Partnership (MVTP) and their partners Kent and Medway Training (KMT). Please find further information on their websites - MTVP and KMT.

University lead training is also known as a Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) which is a one year course which includes QTS.

If you are considering teaching, we would encourage you to contact us for more information of teaching training routes available to you as well as advice with next steps. Please contact our recruitment team

How do I apply for a teaching or support staff position at UKAT?

Please contact our recruitment team to request an application form or to join our talent pool, please visit our eteach page to see our current vacancies and to apply online.

 How do I apply for a school led teacher-training programme?

We recommend that you get in touch with us to arrange a tour of one of our schools or to book onto a school experience day by emailing

You will need a minimum of 10 working days of experience working in a school as a volunteer before you can apply for the scheme via UCAS. We can help you arrange to gain experience in a suitable school within our Trust. You will need to register with UCAS and submit your application for either a salaried or non-salaried teaching position. If your application is successful we will then invite you to interview.